Thursday, July 30, 2009

Home hair coloring ?

I can't afford to get my hair professionally colored so I have been using the drug store boxed kind for many years, and have become good at it, my hair never turns weird colors like some people experience.. anyway more recently my hair hasn't been able to hold the color for too long... maybe 2 weeks before the color pours out almost completely while taking a shower... does anyone know what the problem is?



Home hair coloring ?

Possibly color damage, as to where your hair shaft is unable to hold the color. What I would try is a protein filler. They are available at Sally's, and the store clerk will help you find it. It is a bottle, about $5. What it does is fill in your hair shaft so it is properly prepared for coloring. It works like this.....



get hair damp and towel dry. Apply filler to hair and wait 20 mins. Then you apply your color DIRECTLY to your hair (do not rinse filler out). I know the box says apply to dry hair only, but I have been doing this for 10 years and it works awesome.



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment