Thursday, July 30, 2009

A hair coloring question?

I have naturally medium brown hair. Back in early April, I had it highlighted. I've got about 3 or 4 inches of new growth, so obviously I need to either touch up my highlights, or maybe go dark for the coming fall and winter.



My question - if I decide to go dark, is it safe to darken right over my highlights? I will buy hair color at Target or wherever, and I've always had good luck doing it myself, but I've never colored over my hair when it's already been highlighted.



Is this safe? Will my hair fry or otherwise freak out? What do you suggest?



A hair coloring question?

You have to have a coloring lift. It'll make it to where you can dye your hair over light hair, and it'll take the bright color off, and put the new color on that way you don't have colors mixing together. Good luck. And if you have that much new growth, I recommend a hair cut too. Go for a new style [:



A hair coloring question?

U can dye a darker color.



Only it might look a bit different where it is lighter. No other problems.



Trim the ends a bit more than usual. The lighter color will go away faster.



A hair coloring question?

well first off its really hard to get rid of highlights if it was bleach so what you have to do is when you dye hair try and get all the chunks of highlights then leave on for about five mins the do the rest of your hair it should work if your going darker and your hair shouldn't freak out just condition it and just treat your hair good

No comments:

Post a Comment