Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hair Coloring Questions...?

Is 40-58 dollars too expensive/cheap?



How much does it cost to get the roots done, and how often do you have to go in and get them done?



What if I don't like the new color, is it free to have them change it back...haha i hope. Also, is there a shampoo/conditioner that i can buy @ walgreens that is good for color treated hair?



THanks for all your help!



Hair Coloring Questions...?

Yeah 60$ is what I usually pay. [full head] I know it's rediculous....cuz i do that everyother month. A root touch up should cost about $15-$25 ...about every month or every other month. they wont fix it for free, and I like to use john freida for colored hair... if you're on a budget...use pantiene for colored hair....fitting what ever color you have. theese shampoo%26amp;conditioners are made to keep the color in longer.



Hair Coloring Questions...?

That's a pretty normal price where I live, and I understand it's far more expensive in bigger cities, dunno where you are.



As for redoing roots, I'm not sure how much, but you need to get them done every 4-6 weeks, depending on how visible (i.e. how different the color is from your natural color)



No, it's not free to change the color, and it's often a much more difficult process to go back to whatever you had before.



Most shampoos/conditioners will say if they are good for colored/permed hair. I personally like Garnier Fructis, b/c it is good conditioning and has the added bonus of smelling fabulous.



Hair Coloring Questions...?

What kind of color are you having done - single process, double process, foils? All that makes a difference in the price. I just got my hair done in Palmyra, VA (suburb of Charlottesville). She colored it all one color in order to do the roots. The she put in foils. Then she put on a toner to make the highlights the right color. I also got a hair cut. I paid $110 + $22 tip. I have paid $250 (that includes the tip) for the same exact process in downtown Philadelphia. Roots are usually charged at the same price as the initial process. If you don't like the new color, they can put a toner on it, but that is an extra charge. Pantene ProV products for colored hair are really good and you can get them at Walgreens. You can buy John Frieda products for colored hair at Walgreens.

No comments:

Post a Comment