Saturday, August 1, 2009

Questions about L'Oreal Preference Hair Coloring?

I usually go to a salon to get my hair colored, but I cant afford it right now. In the past (different brands, nothing specific) I've had some hair dying problems. I once tried to die my hair an ash brown and It turned out a nice dark brown, but it had green tints. I've died my hair blonde before and had it turn out too blonde and my roots were orangy/redish.



My birthday is in 5 days, so I dont want to screw my hair up, but i wanted to look good on my birthday.



Has anyone ever used preference, is it of good quality?



Also, I have about a dirty blondish/light brown hair color and I purchased "Medium Brown" (no ash color!!) to do my hair with....do you think I'll be Safe with that?



HELP!!!!



Questions about L'Oreal Preference Hair Coloring?

I think that it will be fine. I don't dye my hair, but I do my mom's hair, and she uses Loreal Preference. I love the color, the only thing I would watch out for is not to leave it on too long, because hers normally ends up darker than it is supposed to, but it is still pretty.



Questions about L'Oreal Preference Hair Coloring?

hiya! you are going a darker colour so as long as its put on correctly you should be fine. if you have highlighted hair, then the colour will just darken the hair and you will still the the different shades in your hair. Loreal products are very good, i have never had a problem with any of them. My 2 tips would be 1. if you have hair longer than shoulder length, buy 2 boxes so as its better to have too much than not enough and 2. try and get a friend to do it as they can then ensure that all the hair is covered not patchy.



I hope that helps! Good luck %26amp; happy birthday in 5 days!



xxx



Questions about L'Oreal Preference Hair Coloring?

that's actually the only type of hair coloring product i will use, because it's the only one i've gotten nice results with. (ive tried others and been highly disappointed). so yea, you should be fine. you might want somebody to be with you though so they can make sure you got every hair covered!



Questions about L'Oreal Preference Hair Coloring?

The problem doesn't so much come from the product, but from putting a brown shade over hair that's been lightened to blonde. If your natural shade is brown or darker and you lighten it past the red-gold stage, those red tones have to be replaced before you take your hair darker again, or the base notes (ash/green) are noticeable. If you've lightened to that degree, before you color call the company's toll-free hotline and say you want to do a tintback. The consultant should ask you all about what color you've used to get where you are now, and what you want to use, and he or she will tell you how to get the result you want.



Good luck!



Questions about L'Oreal Preference Hair Coloring?

L'Oreal does make great products. Depending on the depth that you're going for, you may or may not be satisfied. Usually, when you're using a 'store bought' product, you really want to go a shade lighter than what you're aiming for, because they do seem to grasp your hair and deposit the color quicker and deeper. I would just keep a close eye on the color as its changing and decide when its the color that your aiming for. Also, anytime you go lighter, you always want to start from midstrand down, for example, apply the color to all of your hair from midstrand down (leaving your roots without color), after you've done so, the go back and color your roots. The reason for this is because your roots will lighten much quicker than the ends of your hair, because your roots don't have the product and build up that the ends have, and your hair is the warmest near your scalp, because of your body heat. Heat will cause the product to activate more quickly. Hope this helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment