Saturday, August 1, 2009

L'oreal Hi-Lift Brown Hair coloring- Is it too much processing to only go a couple of shades li

I normally go to a salon to have my hair colored but cannot afford to lately so I need to do an at home color touch-up. I went to Sally's and was told to buy L'oreal Hi-lift browns in coolest brown. My natural color (w/about 1 1/2 ins. of growth) is dark brown and the dyed color is a medium chestnut brown. My concern is that this products requires a 30 vol. developer which seems pretty high. I don't want to change my color, at least not drastically. I was only looking for a color to match what I already have. I don't know if I should dye my roots first until I get the color I'm looking for or just apply it to the already colored portion first, as suggested, and then to my new growth. That just seems the opposite of the way its done in the salon. They first apply to my roots and leave on for about a half hour and then do an all-over. PLEASE HELP!!



L'oreal Hi-Lift Brown Hair coloring- Is it too much processing to only go a couple of shades lighter?

30 volume peroxide lifts 2 levels...so that should be fine and the coolest shade possible to cut the red-orange that is the undertone. Pull thetarget color through to the ends but with 10 volume for 5-10 minutes at the end of the processing time( that is at 20 minutes if you are pocessing for 30 min.)



L'oreal Hi-Lift Brown Hair coloring- Is it too much processing to only go a couple of shades lighter?

try going to a cosmetology school near you,



its a lot cheaper and we do great work,



honestly try it

No comments:

Post a Comment