Saturday, August 1, 2009

Omg help! Hair Coloring Catastrophe!!!?

I was trying to lighten my bf's hair and it came out yellow so I called the product company and they told me step by step what to do to get his natural brown color back, but now it came out ginger orange. He's fed up... I'm fed up.... This makes the 2nd time this week I've dyed his hair...if I try again with a solid dark brown from the line of nice and easy... will it damage his hair too much or what? If it will, what product can I use that has low amonia but will get the job done?



Frustrated in NY, Lilly



Omg help! Hair Coloring Catastrophe!!!?

Well, if I were you I would just dye it back the original color and it shouldn't hurt it too bad. The worst you can do is bleach it and that would hurt it incredibly so don't do that. Just dye it brown.



Good Luck! :)



Omg help! Hair Coloring Catastrophe!!!?

right ur bfs hair went ginger because the peroxide strength in the home kit wasnt strong enough to lift the existing colour from his hair.



to avoid any more damage to his hair, i adivse going to a hair salon to sort out the colour as it sounds as if he'll need colour correction.



Omg help! Hair Coloring Catastrophe!!!?

:-) Better leave it alone and pretend he did it that way for a statement. It wont take that long to grow out.



Omg help! Hair Coloring Catastrophe!!!?

I am a licensed cosmetologiest specializing in hair color and hair color correction. First thing to do is trash the Nice%26amp; Easy color. It has a metallic base, is totally unpredictable as to how it will actually turn out and very, very difficult to remove from the hair. I doubt that you will have much success correcting this problem yourself since you have already put color over what you had previously lightened. My answer is: don't do anything else. Go to a professional. You are in over your head. If you still want to try to fix this mess yourself, you will need to use a semi-permanent, deposit only medium ash brown. L'Oreal is the best drugstore color. I do not know if even this will work or not. The reason you would use an ash brown is because ash shades have a blue/green base and contain no red pigment and are used to neutralize the orange color. But, like I said, after everything you have done already, this may not work but the deposit only, semi-permanent color won't further damage the hair but to predict what color it might actually end up at this point is impossible.



Omg help! Hair Coloring Catastrophe!!!?

i had a similar problem to this.. what i did was go to a hairdressing school (cos i couldnt afford to go to a regular hairdresser) they fixed it right up.. nice and easy has never worked for me, i would stear clear... good luck



Omg help! Hair Coloring Catastrophe!!!?

Hair Color mistakes: How To Recover



http://geebal.blogspot.com/2007/11/hair-...

No comments:

Post a Comment