Saturday, August 1, 2009

Help!!! my hairstylist messed up when coloring my hair and i need advice on how to ask her to fix it

i went to get my hair colored the other day and i wanted the top layer of my hair light blonde and the under hair colored brown. well she did not do it the way i wanted it done, plus on the side of my head there is an orange spot of color that i did not see when i was at the salon, until i was home and i put my hair in a ponytail.. what i need is advice on how to get her to fix it free of charge for this mistake... please help......



Help!!! my hairstylist messed up when coloring my hair and i need advice on how to ask her to fix it???

If she is a good professional, she will be happy to fix it just by you telling her nicely what is wrong with it. If she does not want to fix it, or gives you a hard time, you might want to change colorists.



Help!!! my hairstylist messed up when coloring my hair and i need advice on how to ask her to fix it???

take it to small claims court.



Help!!! my hairstylist messed up when coloring my hair and i need advice on how to ask her to fix it???

tell them you want it corrected, because they didn't do what you wanted.



Help!!! my hairstylist messed up when coloring my hair and i need advice on how to ask her to fix it???

Hi I am a Hairdresser and this isn't acceptable what's happened to you!...I would telephone the salon and ask to speak to the manager, tell her/him the situation and why you aren't happy. Keep calm and positive and they may offer to fix it for free without you asking...If they don't..then you could politely nudge them and request that it's fixed for free....if they still say no...Then take some pictures of the hair mistakes and get legal advice....hope this helps



Help!!! my hairstylist messed up when coloring my hair and i need advice on how to ask her to fix it???

Go back to the salon and complain. If they really value their customers, they'll fix it. If they won't, go to another hair stylist. Or try a home coloring system to cover it up (find it at your local drugstore) until you can make an appointment. Or try a cute coverup, like a hat.



Help!!! my hairstylist messed up when coloring my hair and i need advice on how to ask her to fix it???

They have to fix it for free! Go in there crying if you have to and tell her it's orange and not what you pictured. Bring in a photo if you can of what you want. If she/he complains, which I doubt they will, go to their boss. They want customers who return happy in the long run, cause they will keep coming back and spending more money!



Help!!! my hairstylist messed up when coloring my hair and i need advice on how to ask her to fix it???

if i was you..i wouldnt have paid her!!!



Help!!! my hairstylist messed up when coloring my hair and i need advice on how to ask her to fix it???

Well if you go back into the hair salon and ask if they can fix your hair because it is not the way you wanted it. Normally they will take you then and there and fix it for you. if they don't then some further action may have to be taken. Just be polite and understanding. Don't go off your head at them because it will get you nowhere.



Help!!! my hairstylist messed up when coloring my hair and i need advice on how to ask her to fix it???

well take ur hair stilest to court



Help!!! my hairstylist messed up when coloring my hair and i need advice on how to ask her to fix it???

My advice would be..go talk to the manager of the shop.If that doesn't work,ask to speak to the owner.When you go in,bring a picture of what you asked for. Also show them the orange spot.Most shops will try to work with you if they can. They want to keep your business.Good luck to you.



Help!!! my hairstylist messed up when coloring my hair and i need advice on how to ask her to fix it???

This same thing happened to me @ 5 weeks ago. I went to a new person, (My regular girl was on medical leave for 2 months %26amp; I was desparate!) There were obvious bleach lines , and big chunks that looked like she missed, then she didn't even start at the roots, they were @ 3 cm's off the root. Anyways, I went back in %26amp; talked to her %26amp; showed her %26amp; she said it was the color she used, it must've ran, blah, blah, blah! So she tried to fix it...5 times %26amp; 2 more trips later, I finally had to have the owner of the salon fix it. (All in all @ 80% improvement.) Now I was not charged for this, but the owner said she expected me to compensate her for her time. Well, sorry! But I was not happy with that %26amp; I ended up dealing with it until my regular stylist was back! When I left her, all was perfect %26amp; I found out she actually knows the owner of the other salon %26amp; says she's heard alot of complaints about them!



It boils down to this: You may not want to necessarily have that same person "fix" it. Maybe just give one try. I mean everyone's human, but I made the mistake to let her try to redo it 5 times before I insisted on the owner doing it. In my opinion, that should automatically be offered, as part of good customer service.



Hope this helped......Sorry!



BTW: The original appt cost me $115, which I had tipped her on to begin with. So I really didn't feel I should have to pay again or tip someone else!



Help!!! my hairstylist messed up when coloring my hair and i need advice on how to ask her to fix it???

Calm down. This is not a difficult problem... Just call her on the phone and BE NICE...tell her that you are unhappy with your hair. Be honset and tell her all the things you don't like about it. I'm sure she'll be anxious to help make you happy and to keep from losing you as a client. She'll know what she did color wise and should have it written down and can figure out what she needs to do to fix it.



If she colored the top section all over blonde (not hilights) she probably just didn't get enough color on that spot and the rest of your hair lifted faster. She just needs to go in and put a little color on the spot until it gets the samw color as the rest. I'm not sure what else is wrong with it since you just mentioned the spot, but I know from experience that if a client has a problem with something I did I want to be the first and last person to know.



Besides every mistake is a chance to learn something.



As far as paying, sometimes we don't have control over that, but usually the salon owner is ok with us fixing mistakes for free. If a client is asked to pay for anything occassionally it will just be the amount to cover supplies. Just go see the stylist and tell her what's wrong and be up front and ask if what she is going to do to fix it will cost you anything. I suggest to get it fixed by her even if it does cost you some money for for 2 reasons. 1 she knows what she did and what to use to fix it. 2 If you go somewhere else they'll charge you full price to fix it.



Help!!! my hairstylist messed up when coloring my hair and i need advice on how to ask her to fix it???

Oh hun, I know how you feel. I've had my hair totally messed up with color and butchered hair cuts. Call your stylist and tell her exactly the same thing that you wrote on here. Be polite, but if she gets an attitude ,then talk to the owner. As far as not seeing mistakes in the salon, that happens all the time, I've had the same thing happen to me. I don't know how your hair looks as far as the brown and blonde,but some times it's better to leave it if it looks decent,even though it wasn't what you wanted, but as far as the orange, no way, that needs to be fixed. If the blonde and brown could be an easy fix then go for it, I just don't want you to wind up with your hair ruined. I've gone in for a fix and wound up with it way worse and thinking to my self I wish I would have left it alone. You may also want to consider just asking the owner to fix your hair???????? It's just another option. Good Luck (hugs) P.S. you should not have to pay for a mistake the stylist made.



Help!!! my hairstylist messed up when coloring my hair and i need advice on how to ask her to fix it???

go to a different stylist and ask her to fix it then keep using ur old stylist



Help!!! my hairstylist messed up when coloring my hair and i need advice on how to ask her to fix it???

go to the salon and demand that she fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment